Translator and TrainerSince 2006 I have been working as a sworn freelancer translator in Germany for the following language pairs:
- German -> Greek
- English -> Greek
- German -> English
- English -> German
- Greek -> German
- Greek -> English
Since December 2012 I am a member of BDÜ (Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e.V/Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators).
I offer the following services:
- App Localization
- Software Localization
- Editing / Proofreading
- Website Localization
My further specialty and working fields are among others:
- Consumer Electronics
- Computer (General)
- IT (Information Technology)
- Internet, E-commerce
- Certificates, Diplomas, CVs
- Culture, Religion
CAT tool trainer:
I am also working as a CAT tool trainer.
I am certified of SDL TRADOS Studio 2009 (Level I and II)
I also offer webinars in Proz, a translators' portal, such as this about "Machine Translation: Myth or Reality?".
- I have been teaching about CAT tools since four years at the Localisation Research Centre (Ireland), University of Bremen (Germany), University of Strasbourg (France).
- I was a translation trainee in the European Parliament, Luxemburg during the period April-June 2007.
- I worked as an interpreter/transcriptionist in the frames of a criminal procedure at the state criminal investigation department, Saarbrücken.
- I translated the book "The Armenians of Komotini" from Greek into English:
- According to international standards:
1 euro per line; each line consists of 55 characters (space characters inclusive).
- Negotiable on the basis of each project
CAT tools: TM tools: TRADOS, memoq, Deja Vu, Wordfast, OmegaT Software Localisation Tools: SDL Passolo, Alchemy Catalyst, Multilizer, Sisulizer, Visual Localize